What are your tech-related goals for 2020?
I feel when we put our goals out there in the community, it makes us more accountable. One of my goals for 2020 is writing blog posts consistently and connecting with enthusiastic developers. What are yours?
Improve on my rust knowledge. I've built quite a large application and feel quite comfortable in it. Still I want to improve on it. Maybe starting writing my own tinker-OS just for gettin a better feel on the kernel.
Besides that not much, keeping my meetups alive. Maybe getting to try out a new database type in production.
If everything goes well I will start teaching a bit of informatics in march at one of the local schools.
The rest are mainly soft-skills I want to improve, getting better in organizing things ;D my workschedule. Reading some studies about work efficiency, small stuff :)
- personal website
- making games
- more networking
This year, I want to focus on two major topics.
1. Actually writing more code instead of learning things.
- My website is in dire need of more love. The lack of content is just sad, even though I have cool plans, so I need to sit down and get working!
- Since Amethyst is still too unstable for me (now they are talking about switching out the ECS system, which is the most central piece), I started working on a smaller-scoped game, which should work like a prequel, using BabelJS and my home-made ECS, sim-ecs, which is inspired by the great SPECS.
- I have another game in the pipeline, about which I don't really want to talk right now. I mainly use it to PoC ideas I have for working with components on the web. My focus still lies on WebComponents, however I am experimenting with HBS ans TSX. I really don't like how TSX mixes structure and logic, however I have some ideas.
2. Networking and soft skills
There currently is a lot going on at my workplace, aside from the usual restructuring-noise. I want to use the traction I am building and let it spill into my private life. I am not quite sure what I want to do, so the first step is to evaluate my options.
Apart from these goals, I want to polish my artistic skills a bit by learning Blender and Krita a bit more in-depth. I have a ton of assets I need for my games and also a lot of photos which would profit from a little bit of editing. Doing artistic work has always been a weakness of mine which I want to get rid of.
I became a better Developer. I read 2 books although I wish to read more, unfortunately, I focus less on books, I’m sure 2020 will be different. I started writing articles, I wrote 8 articles and also created my own blog using hashnode devblog. I contribute to various projects(private and Open Source) Get more involved in the development ecosystem Flutter to be precise. I got to speak at 3 different events, all about flutter. I got a job at one of the best FinTech companies in Africa (Interswitch).
Apart from day to day work, I would like to get a deep understanding of Linux and get into machine learning. There is a part of me that loves electronics, want to dwell into that on the side. Apart from that, Business-related things, making deals, talking to new people and get a complete understanding of the Indian tax system. All in all my main focus is to make better use of all the time I have.
I need to pick up tons of Kubernetes knowledge, as we transition from Docker to K8s in the following 2 months. We have staff for managing it, but i want to know how our infrastructure works.
On the personal side i want to work on distributed stuff like Dat, IPFS, and Secure Scuttlebutt. I havenʼt decided about the language, but i still tend to like C (although i also want to pick up some Rust or Go knowledge).
Just for fun, i want to learn the Pony language. Even if i wonʼt ever do anything using it, it worths to know it just for the name ☺
I am a crypto lover and a Blogger and i love blogging . Currently Learning How to do SEO so my Goal for 2020 is to become a SEO Pro and Rank my website ( https://deshilyrics.com/ ) Deshi Lyrics to top 3 of search Result
My second goal will be To collect at least 1 BTC before End of 2020 . Recover all loss made In Ico in 2018-2019 Thats all are my Tech Related Goals for 2020
Clearing Techinical Debt
Targeting to complete in 1st Quarter
1.) Become more fluent in writing x86-64 assembly language programs (I can write them, but I want to get "good" at it)
2.) Continue studying and getting proficient with areas in Discrete Mathematics
3.) Be able to write code on Apple devices comfortably at various levels (assembly, OS, application).
For me the goal is: get more comfortable with functional programming in Scala to the point where I can use it to solve real problems at work in a (hopefully) better way. Also, they say the mother of learning is repetition, so I'd really like to further solidify my knowledge of basic CS algorithms, definitions and principles to achieve a healthy balance between theory and practice.
2019 was the year of getting technology hands-on, writing pet projects, creating some contents on it. 👏
In 2020, I would like to learn more on 'Sacalability'. I would like to convert some of my pet projects such that, I can realize, I am making them scalable and at the same time to learn techniques and technologies around it. 📏
Apart from that, I would like to re-visit basics(In fact, good to do it frequently but, I am lacking there). I would like to understand my knowledge gaps in Data Structures and see what improvements can be done there. 📖
Want to continue my learning with 'Machine learning' that started last year and moving in tortoise pace! 🐢
... and yes, want to create more useful contents as part of my blog posts. ✍️
Hoping to have a superb 2020, technically speaking.. 😄
My Goals for 2020:
- create authentic and lasting brand awareness
- emphasize my personality and livestream twice a day for 2 hours
- promote followers ahead of the hard sell
- sale with features, emotes, emoji, hashtags, tags, and keywords
- promote in person sales with call to actions to come to see what I'm doing
- learn how my audience is using these platforms
- use all my social media accounts to help achieve goals
- smile, flirt, date more and be social
- improve ROI by examining current efforts
- promote user content creation
- learn if followers are reacting positively without initiation
- find a mentor