Write your answer…
I work 7 days a week, so usually Monday is just one more day. I worked the last year to get rid of this 5 day week approach and just take time when I need it.
But my everyday motivation is getting up with my girlfriend (usually 2 hours later than her, she's a morning person). Making coffee and starting the day together.
That's basically the best thing in the morning every day.
Hashnode is building a friendly and inclusive dev community. Come jump on the bandwagon!
💬 A beginner friendly place
🧠 Stay in the loop and grow your knowledge
🍕 >500K developers share programming wisdom here
❤️ Support the growing dev community!
Register ( 500k+ developers strong 👊)
Five days to go for the weekend :P
Kidding aside, Monday is the first day of work.
The day you strategise and decide what you're going to work on. Or continue to work on. It's like first day of a test match for me, if I win Monday, I usually win rest of the days too. :D
Also, more often than not I associate days with things I like to do or eat =P
- Post work on Mondays, I go to a stand-up comedy gig. So, that's awesome.
- Tuesdays is when we get this amazing Chicken for lunch, so I am super pumped up on Tuesdays.
- Wednesday is when we get Pooris, so even better.
- I just can't bear Thursdays. Never been able to get the hang of Thursdays.
- Friday, need I even say anything about Friday? I like it for two reasons. a) The weekend is super close. b) Most of my favourite deployments happen on a Friday evening.
Being self-employed, I try to be as productive as possible when I sit down. This usually keeps me from thinking about anything else until much later in the day. A typical Monday Morning when I sit down at my desk. :-)
- Coffee, that black magical elixir that shifts my transmission into overdrive. Always the first order of the day.
- Organize my day by answering work emails and making a to-do list for the day.
- Handle any discussions / calls /meetings (I like to schedule them early)
- Put the phone on silent, crank up the music and start coding!
By the time all that is done it's time to knock off for the day. Another Monday out of the way. Oh, and after 30 something years doing this... Just know they go by faster and faster every year. :-)
Don't miss out!
Join the growing dev community
Get started (no password needed)
Or Sign in with: