I appreciate but it's a cliche (at least for me)
- 🕹 Participate in JS1k
- 🎨 Create 365+ pens for Codepen (1/day on average)
- 📝 Write more articles (1/week would be nice)
- 📽 Record videos about web design (1-2/month)
This answer has received 1 appreciation.
I am a high school student trying to learn MERN Stack development, so I need to improve my Vanilla JS and React JS development skills, and learn React Native, Redux, Node, and Express.
I also hope to learn Data Science and Machine Learning with Python, so I want to learn some of that too. My overall end goal is to create a React Native application that will use data analytics.
Well, probably you did me a favor mentioning it. There is so many things i would like to do for the next year. I think the more importants for me are:
- Improve my english level.
- Get fundations of functional programming.
- Learn a functional languange (between Scala, Clojure, Haskell and Elixir).
- Understand the core of React.
- Contribute for the first time to open source projects.
- Learn design patterns.
- Start using Unit Testing.
- Create my own website by hand to put on it my portafolio.
- Learn more about DevOps.
- Learn about concurrency.
- Create mini-projects in the road.
- Start learning about Facebook interviews.
- Make a progress in my current degree.
- learn my kids (8) to code more (more than current code.org lessons)
- get into automated testing
- use service workers
- get into Redis
- create generated art projects
- solve 3+ unanswered topics a week on stackoverflow
- write articles
- share more code on github
- use my arduino, tessel and pi more to build simple stuff with my kids
- VR. People are talking about VR, I don't have any knowledge about creating VR apps. Also I'm not sure if it's already viable to do it. I will be glad to learn that if I have a chance.
- ClojureScript. That's my main direction in 2016, will remain. I'm also trying to know more about server side programming and flat design.
Be better at basics of computer science. Like data structures, networks, operating systems, compilers.
Be good in data science and machine learning.
Start GPU programming.
Start work on my own startup. Driverless car for India, made in India, by India.
Write 2 tech articles per month atleast.
See if i can fit React somewhere.
- Publish a polished native app in App Store and Play Store using React Native
- Blog more regularly (At Least 2 articles per month )
- Work on a Big Data application with heavy analytics workload (been doing RND on big data systems for quite some time now)
- Automating all DevOps stuff that i do manually right now
- Visit one of those remote and less traveled mountain valleys in India for a fortnight
- Contribute to a open source project
- Create a small project on my own and open source it.
I want to push myself one step closer to become technical architect.
Few things on my plate
- Need to complete a PoC I started on Reactjs, Redux, Node & Express.
- Understanding web application authentication, session Id concepts for REST & OAuth.
- One DB understanding - Never worked on DB :(
- Devops integration (Jenkins, Maven)
- Need to resume blog writing again, learnt a lot and have to share it.