The QuickBooks error 6190 is a common issue that comes up when a user is already using the company file in single-user mode. A dialog box pops up on the screen along with an alert warning that states, “Error 6190 816 QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”. To resolve this error completely, refer to this informative blog. The blog explains all the necessary info about the error, like the causes and ways to troubleshoot it effectively.
Clear out all your doubts about the QuickBooks company file error 6190 by consulting one of our experienced professionals through Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
Top Reasons for Incurring QuickBooks Company File Error 6190
Are you confused and cannot figure out the reasons due to which you are constantly receiving the issue? In this section of the article, we have thoroughly explained the most usual and obvious causes of the error. Go through them-
- Verify the location where you have stored your company file, as the data file location might be one of the causes.
- The firewall setup of Windows can stop you from accessing the company file because of its incorrect settings.
- The problem can also come up due to damage of the .ND and .TLG files
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6094
Ways to Quickly Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error 6190
In this part of the blog, we have discussed and elaborated on the two most efficient troubleshooting methods to get through the error. To learn, read further-
SOLUTION 1: Edit the Names of TLG and ND File and Fix Them
Before renaming TLG and ND files, make sure you update your QuickBooks to the latest release. Once done, proceed with the following steps-
- Go to your company file folder.
- Locate the file names similar to your company file names and with .TLG and .ND extensions.
- Now, right-click on both files and choose the ‘Rename’ option.
- Edit the names by adding the word ‘.OLD’ at the end of each file name and press ‘Enter’.
- After it is done, run your QuickBooks Desktop and log in to your company file.
SOLUTION 2: From the QuickBooks Tool Hub, Apply QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Download the current version of QuickBooks Tool Hub and save the “QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file to a convenient location.
- Now, run the file and begin to install the application. You are required to follow the instructions displayed on the screen in order to finish the process.
- Once done, open the Tool Hub and go to the ‘Network Issues’ menu.
- In the Network Issues, choose ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’.
- Now, If you are able to locate your company file, hit ‘Start Scan’. If you cannot, select the ‘Browse’ option to find the company file and then click ‘Start Scan’.
- At last, run your QuickBooks and log in to your company file.
After going through this blog, we hope you must have understood everything about the QuickBooks error 6190. If you have any more queries or need any additional assistance, immediately get in touch with our team of QuickBooks experts at Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 3371