Jokes aside - What are the characteristics of a bad programmer?
Write your answer…
You are a bad programmer, if:
- You are arrogant enough to reject your co-worker/developer's opinion
- You are not a continuous learner
- You are not open to negative feedback
- You learn frameworks & tools and not techniques
- You do not track time taken to develop anything
- You have no idea about the project/feature requirement
- You just like your own tech stack
- You don't have the etiquette towards the open source contributors
- You are not good at handling edge/corner cases, (you are a "This code works", person)
- You always try to prove yourself right
- You do not love your programming
I have to stop now. 😁
Hashnode is building a friendly and inclusive dev community. Come jump on the bandwagon!
💬 A beginner friendly place
🧠 Stay in the loop and grow your knowledge
🍕 >500K developers share programming wisdom here
❤️ Support the growing dev community!
Register ( 500k+ developers strong 👊)
Forget about all technical parts. Seriously. You will be a bad programmer if you won't fit into your team's habits regardless if those are good or bad ones. Good programmer must be a team player. You cannot do your job technically right when your colleagues don't understand what da' f. you did.
Effectiveness is the key of any project. If you are very effective but your solutions always slows down the team because your code is hard to understand by others then you became a bad engineer.
I would summarize my opinion as you are a bad engineer if you had not find your ideal team yet.
In the reality it is still about the feelings. I can prove you are an excellent engineer and I also can prove you are a worst one I ever met.
Don't miss out!
Join the growing dev community
Get started (no password needed)
Or Sign in with: